We are responsible for Council owned car parks. Situated within easy walking distance of the town centre, charges as low as just £1 for three hours and almost 0% crime - it's easy to see why so many people visit Chorley.
Lancashire County Council is responsible for parking on the street and the blue badge scheme.
  • Car parks

    You can view the public notice detailing charges to parking tarrifs.

    Pay and Display charges apply to all vehicles parked between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday inclusive and 8am and 1pm on Saturdays.

    No charges apply during the evening, on Saturday after 1pm and all day on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Disabled parking is welcome on all of our car parks and in addition to designated spaces all holders of official disabled permits may park for up to four hours free in any space throughout the car park.

  • Disabled parking

    Blue Badge scheme
    Blue parking badges allow cars carrying people who are registered blind or who have severe walking difficulties to park near shops, stations and other facilities. In Chorley, this scheme is administered by Lancashire County Council.

    For more information and to apply for a Blue Badge contact the Lancashire County Council Customer Service Centre on 0845 053 0049, or apply online.

    Disabled parking bays
    Provision of a disabled parking bay near the home is administered in Chorley by Lancashire County Council, which is the Highways Authority and social services provider in the borough. For more information and to apply for a disabled parking space contact Lancashire County Council.

  • Parking permits

    Long stay parking permits
    We operate a long stay ‘virtual’ permit scheme which enables you to park seven days a week on any of our long stay car parks throughout the borough at greatly discounted rates. Please note this is the ‘long stay’ only car parks. You can purchase a 6 month or 12 month permit at any time.

    How much will it cost?
    •A 6 month permit is £160
    •A 12 month permit is £300
    •Parking permit terms and conditions can be viewed.

    How do I apply?
    Apply and pay for a permit online. If you are experiencing problems with this service telephone 0845 505 2525.

    Residents’ parking permits
    The residents parking permit schemes are operated by Lancashire County Council and administered by us on their behalf.

    Residents and/or businesses occupying properties included in the scheme can apply for either a 6 or 12 month permit which will now start from the day you apply so your permit won’t expire at the end of December as before.
    How much does it cost?

    Resident parking permit fees business parking permit fees
    6 months                     12 months 6 months                     12 months
    first permit £10                               £15 £120                              £220
    second permit £20                               £35 £120                              £220

    How do I apply

    You can apply online and make payments by debit/credit card. If you do not have access to a computer or do not have a credit/debit card please contact us.

    A list of eligible addresses for the current schemes is available. Terms and conditions about permits must be agreed to before a permit is issued.

    Refunds will no longer be issued for permits surrendered before the end of the 6 or 12 months.


  • Useful Information

    Audit and accounts
    We are a member of the Parking and Traffic Regulations Outside London (PATROL) Adjudication Joint Committee. The Joint Committee publishes an Annual Statement of Accounts which is subject to External Audit and the arrangements for 2011/12.

    Private car parks
    Planning permission to operate a private car park will need to be sought before the intended opening of a private car park. There are planning policies in place which states that private car parks may no longer be able to open in town centres to encourage the use of public transport. Newly built business premises will also be discouraged from providing parking facilities if they are situated in the town centre. Should you require further information on private car parks please contact us.

  • FAQs

    Who carries out parking enforcement?
    We control parking enforcement on our own 13 pay and display car parks. On street parking enforcement, which means anywhere other than the car parks is carried out by Lancashire County Council.

    What happens if I get a parking ticket?
    Less than one per cent of motorists receive parking tickets in Chorley. If you do receive a ticket and wish to appeal or pay your ticket online you need to contact the relevant people using the details below.