Toggle menu

Social housing

The majority of social housing in Chorley is managed by Housing Associations (often also referred to as Registered Providers).

You can view the housing available in Chorley and who the providers are by visiting the Select Move website.


What is a housing association?

A housing association is a not-for-profit organisation that offers affordable housing options, such as social, shared ownership, supported and specialist housing. Housing associations offer tenancies that are generally cheaper than privately rented housing and can sometimes provide a more secure tenancy.

Social Housing is the most common type of home provided by housing associations and referred to as  'social rented' or 'affordable rented' homes. In both cases, the housing association heavily subsidises the rent paid by the residents. 

Social housing is not the only option in Chorley and some customers, dependent on individual circumstances, may still be directed towards private rented housing.


Applying for social housing

Select Move is an online choice-based lettings scheme for social housing, which helps people to find a home as quickly and easily as possible. Most housing associations in Chorley are part of Select Move. 

Before you start your select move application you will need to provide the following information with your application, please have these documents ready before you start.

  • national insurance number
  • full names and dates of birth for each household member
  • 5 year's address history for all members of the household
  • current landlord's details (where applicable).

Apply for social housing

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email