Toggle menu

Health and wellbeing support

The health and wellbeing of residents is important to us. There are lots of organisations that can help.

For more information, use the options below.

Household Support Fund

The government have announced an extension of the Household support fund to be made available to Councils in England to help with significant rising living costs. It is intended to help those who do not have enough resources to meet immediate short term needs and require assistance with essential items over the coming months.

Drug and alcohol misuse recovery

View information on drug and alcohol misuse recovery..

Adult mental health support

View information on organisations and other support available to help with adult mental health.

Children, young people and family support

View information on support for children, young people and families.

Debt and money advice

Information on debt and money advice services.

Emergency food support

A number of voluntary, charity and faith groups in Chorley have come together to launch the Chorley Community Helpline. This free phone helpline will allow individuals to access the emergency food support they require from a local group.

Domestic abuse support

If you hear an incident and think that a neighbour is in danger, or any children they may have, then we would suggest contacting the police. The police have a responsibility to respond and to undertake a risk assessment where there is domestic abuse taking place.

Bereavement support

View information on support available following the death of a family member or friend.

Meals on wheels

We are currently working with ICare, a meals on wheels provider, who can offer a daily hot meal or frozen delivery service for qualifying Chorley residents.

Adult social care

Adult social care is a service provided by Lancashire County Council.

Social isolation

Information on support available across the borough to help with people that may be socially isolated and in need of some company.

Support for older people

View information on support for older people

Support for Migrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers

View a directory of services available to refugees and asylum seekers in Chorley. If you require any further information then please contact

Help with essential items

Previously residents have been able to access the Care and Urgent Needs Scheme through Lancashire County Council. This scheme has now been replaced by the Essential Household Goods Support Scheme.

Digital Skills

View information on free digital skills training and support

Mental Health Assessment

Lancashire's Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service

Your Home and You

You can find information on energy switching, a healthy lifestyles programme called 'Better Health Better Self' as well as the support that you can access if you are affected by COVID-19

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email